Jumping is so much fun! No wonder so many favorite games for children include jumping. You can have fun, laugh and dance while jumping.
But jumping is also wonderful for your health. Here’s why.
There are a few pillars of physical health, and one of them is exercising or movement.
As you know we have a blood system, which is very important, because blood brings nutrients to all of our organs and body cells. The blood system has the heart to pump the blood and move it, and blood vessels to drive the blood to all desired places around the body.
However, once all of our cells have nutrients, they also have waste which needs to be removed. This is where the lymphatic system comes in. The waste is carried by the fluid called lymph to be taken out of the body. However, the lymphatic system does not have its own organ, like the heart, to pump and move the lymph around the body. This is why we need to move in order to move the lymph around, so it can do its work.
And the best way to move the lymph is by jumping. 15 minutes of jumping per day can serve as a wonderful way of exercising and moving our body.
Jumping on a rebounder or trampoline is great, as it reduces the weight and pressure on your joints. Some scientist believe that jumping on a rebounder is the greatest exercise invented by man. Rebounding is known to increase lymph flow by 15 to 30 times.
Here are 12 more health benefits of jumping:
- It increases your resistance to fatigue
- It improves your balance
- It has a positive impact on your immune system
- It releases the happiness hormone serotonin in your body (serotonin not only improves your overall mood, but also acts as a pain-killer)
- It reduces body fats
- It increases your breathing capacity and allows more oxygen to circulate in your body
- It regulates blood pressure
- It lowers cholesterol levels
- It stimulates metabolism and enhances digestion and elimination process
- It improves your quality of sleep
- It sharpens your mental and learning processes
- It increases bone density
Don’t wear tight or restrictive clothing while you’re jumping on your rebounder. This allows your lymph to flow more easily.
Now play your favorite music and start jumping.